Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Growth Hormone

I'm getting growth hormone tomorrow in the mail, but I have to wait to learn how to use it on Monday.  It's sadly, not a sticker like my estrogen. It is a little shot but at least I don't have to do it all my life.  I will have to manage my estrogen all my life.

 I am a little scared about it, but I hear that it does not hurt at all and that babies that they use this on don't even cry.   So, that makes me feel a little better. I give the shot to myself but the doctor is going to help us learn how to do it.  I don't think I am as scared as I am nervous about it.      

5 comments:

  1. First- I LOVE the picture=) I was scared of shots until just recently. I am proud that even though it is scary you are going to be brave and I know you will find its not a big deal. I have had SO many people comment on your blog. I even found out a friend of mine HAS turners and I didn't even know. You are such an example to me. I am glad you have such a great sister and parents who all love you very much! I love you SO much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great start. I'm looking forward to following this. Love ya, Grandpa Madsen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I can't believe how brave and mature you are and think it's great that you want to share your experiences. Our family wishes you the best in your journey. We're glad you have some answers and have hope and directions to go forward. Sorry about the shots though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a great blog - and so great that you are the one writing it! My best friends' daughter has Turner's which is complicated by a host of other problems that are totally unrelated to Turners. It is wonderful for you to be able document and express what you are going through. It is also so valuable that you do this for education purposes of other Turners girls and families. Great Work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How did it go with starting the growth hormone? Do you use a syringe to inject it?

    ReplyDelete