Sunday, March 4, 2012

Turners

Hi i am 13 and in  7th grade and have been dignosed with mosaic Turners which means that some of the cells in my body have no x chromnosome. Mosiac is rarer then normal Turners.  Normal Turners is when  none of the cells have a x chromosome.  Only girls can get this because they have two x chromosomes.  In a normal case the sets of two would only have one x chromnosome.  But with mosaic Turners only some of the cells have no x chromnosome.  We have been serching for those cells in my body since November. aka  lots of blood tests. and lots of missed school! :) What Turners does to a girls body is it causes a girl to be short,  have delayed puberty, lots of ear infections, troubles learning math:( a shortend 4th knuckle, toenails that grow up instead of foward, webbed neck, and swollen feet at birth.  I have ear infections and i am only 4feet six inches tall at 13.  I also have delayed puberty and I am on a IEP for math and I have been as long as I can remember.                                                  
these are normal chromasoms
These are Turners chromromasons
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

No comments:

Post a Comment